BEDOUIN

Ravings from the desert.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, Kolkata, Delhi NCR, West Bengal, India

The lesser said the better.

Friday, March 28, 2008

LOVE IN A DEPARTMENTAL STORE





A Sonnet


Her slight frame like a candle’s flame
Quivers at my sight. I feel the delicate moment
On my palette, buzzing in my ears,
Smudging my sight, growing into something immense.
I sense she reciprocates. She feels it too.
It is strange. My pulse has risen.
My heart beats within the hollow of my ribs
Like an abandoned dinghy,
Drumming the shore from
The menace of a troubled lake.
Alas! I have no heavenly bow to string
To the applause of thunder.
Weighing my burdens, I approach
Her smiling face and that courtly greeting – “Next!!”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home